Home / how to do it
- Clark CoolidgeCanessa Gallery near Jackson Square is an enchanted, storied place to attend a reading, and Clark Coolidge is a living legend of American letters. Often associated with the Language School, the experimental poet's experience as a jazz drummer is evident in the cool, measured delivery of his readings.
- Writers With DrinksThe literary variety show includes everything from sci-fi to romance and comedy, and is tied together by the incomparable Charlie Jane Anders, whose fictitious author bios often steal the show. Nicola Griffith (pictured), Kelley Eskridge, Anita Amirrezvani, Lauren Kate, Adam Mansbach and Adam Novy.
- Re@dsBerkeley Art Museum's Reading Room is the perfect setting for up close and personal encounters with innovative poetry. Curated by Julien Poirier and Serena Le, this season of Re@ds comes to a close with readings by Jaime Cortez (pictured), Sara Larsen, and the curators. Cost includes museum admission.
- ZYZZYVAThe ever-luminous literary journal that focuses on West Coast writers celebrates the release of issue 99 with its third annual holiday party and reading, featuring contributors Lisa Teasley (pictured, "Heat Signature"), John W. Evans ("Young Widower"), Pat Joseph and Stegner Fellow Monique Wentzel.
- LITERARY DEATH MATCH @ THE CONTEMPORARY JEWISH MUSEUM: unscrolled
- EAST BAY ON THE BRAIN: lauren becker, randall babtkiss, mg roberts, lauren traetto, evan karp + caitlin myer
- UNDER THE INFLUENCE: miranda mellis, lorelei lee, nicole trigg + kevin devaney
- YOUR IMPOSSIBLE VOICE: issue # 2 release party
- MICHAEL MCCLURE @ CITY LIGHTS: ghost tantras