- This event has passed.
Avan Jogia / Mixed Feelings
September 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Booksmith hosts a special evening with actor Avan Jogia for his debut book, Mixed Feelings: Poems and Stories. This will be his only SF/Bay Area appearance. Please join us!
Please note: this is a ticketed event, to be held at Booksmith (1644 Haight St.) in San Francisco. The price of admission is equal to the cost of Mixed Feelings, which is included with each ticket. Tickets can be purchased here.
In a raw and moving collection of poetry, stories, and art about living as a mixed-race person, Avan Jogia explores his complicated emotions around race, identity, religion, and family. Drawing on the author’s own life story as well as interviews he’s conducted with friends and strangers, Mixed Feelings serves as a dialogue starter for difficult topics that now, more than ever, need to be discussed.
Avan Jogia is an artist whose work spans film, writing, and music. He was raised in Canada, the son of an Indian-British father and English-Irish mother. This is his first book.
** Please note **
– This is an all-ages event.
– The duration of this event is up to the author.
– Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– 1 ticket = 1 book, no exceptions. The book must be purchased from Booksmith. If you already have a copy of Mixed Feelings, remember that books make great gifts! If you’ve already gifted Mixed Feelings to all of your friends, it’s ok to buy a different book from Booksmith instead — in that case, please write events AT booksmith DOT com.
– If you can’t attend the event but would like to request a signed copy of Mixed Feelings, order below and be sure to put your request in the special field.
– Signing, photo, and Q&A details to come.