- This event has passed.
GEARS TURNING w/ Kim Shuck
April 14 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join us for an afternoon of wonderful poetry by SF Bay Area based poets, artists, and musicians with your host Kim Shuck.
To participate in the open mic session, please arrive by 4 and plan to listen to all of the featured poets. Seating/space is limited.
- Posted in LIVE POETRY
- April 14
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Free, San Francisco
- Adobe Books Collective & Arts Cooperative
- Naomi Klein: On Fire: The (Burning) Case for a GreThe #1 international and New York Times bestselling author of "The Shock Doctrine" and "This Changes Everything", Naomi Klein presents her new essay collection, "On Fire: The (Burning) Case for a Green New Deal" as part of the Berkeley Arts & Letters series, which offers discounted ticket/book bundles in advance. In conversation with Mother Jones […]
- Nancy Au: Spider Songs and Other StoriesThe Oakland-based writer and co-founder of The Escapery celebrates the publication of their debut short story collection, "Spider Love Song and Other Stories", with a group reading. They're joined by Carson Beker, Natasha Dennerstein, Kimberly Gomes, and Tomas Moniz. The book contains seventeen stories that focus on the challenges facing characters whose inner and outer […]
- Margaret Atwood: The TestamentsMargaret Atwood presents the sequel to her classic dystopian novel "The Handmaid's Tale" (1985), set in a totalitarian state that subjects fertile women into child-bearing slavery. The book is the basis of the popular television show of the same name, which debuted in 2017 and continues on Hulu. "The Testaments" is set fifteen years after […]
- Oakland Peace Festival - FinaleThe finale of a three-event series organized by Nomadic Press, the inaugural Oakland Peace Festival celebrates Oakland and peace through music, art, writing, food, and community building. September's theme is Peace, with readings by Terry Taplin, Jevohn Tyler Newsom, Madi Dangerously, Joyce E. Young, and Asantewaa Boykin, a talk by Sandhya Jha and Yvette Felarca, […]
- Poetry in Parks 2019Quiet Lightning and California State Parks present the 5th annual Poetry in Parks, this year collaborating with Kearny Street Workshop for a free, all-ages festival on Angel Island. The program includes youth readings, a literary mixtape, music, dance, live painting by ArtSpan, and readings by some of KSW's Neighborhood Heroes, including Genny Lim, Kenji C. […]
- Jess Row: White FlightsThe finale of a three-event series organized by Nomadic Press, the inaugural Oakland Peace Festival celebrates Oakland and peace through music, art, writing, food, and community building. September's theme is Peace, with readings by Terry Taplin, Jevohn Tyler Newsom, Madi Dangerously, Joyce E. Young, and Asantewaa Boykin, a talk by Sandhya Jha and Yvette Felarca, […]
- Janaka StuckyAuthor of three previous collections of poetry, and founder of the indie press Black Ocean, Janaka Stucky celebrates his new book "Ascend Ascend" (Third Man Books). Written over the course of just twenty days, as Stucky was coming in and out of trance states induced by intermittent fasting and somatic rituals, the book-length poem is […]