- This event has passed.
Komal Kapoor / Unfollowing You
February 6, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC+0$16.50
The Bindery hosts a special evening with Komal Kapoor, to celebrate her first poetry collection Unfollowing You. This will be her only SF/Bay Area event. Please join us!
Please note: this is a ticketed event, to be held at The Bindery (1727 Haight St.) in San Francisco. The price of admission is equal to the cost of Unfollowing You, which is included with each ticket. Tickets can be purchased here.
An anthem for the modern woman, Unfollowing You serves as a true companion for those who seek a voice that explores the complexities and absurdity of contemporary romance. Komal Kapoor uses her personal experience and astute social awareness as mechanisms to empower self-acceptance and promote cultural transparency.
After prolific growth on social media, Komal Kapoor is utilizing her perceptive understanding of romance in the digital age to present her first collection of poems. Unfollowing You tells a chronological tale of a modern love through a series of poems, prose, texts, screen grabs, and unsent letters. Exploring digital phenomena like swipe culture and technological realities, Kapoors words affirm experiences and sentiment echoed across many media platforms.
Unfollowing You is separated into two parts: Following You details how the two protagonists fall in love and Unfollowing You shares their heartbreak. The realism of this collection will encourage readers to normalize growth and indulge in their feelings, even finding strength in them.
Komal Kapoor is a writer, business consultant, and motivational coach who explores the messy business of feelings via social media. She has amassed over 200,000 Instagram followers in less than a year through her writing and hopes to help even more people find strength in vulnerability.
** Please note **
– This is an all-ages event.
– The duration of this event is up to the author.
– Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– 1 ticket = 1 book, no exceptions. The book must be purchased from Booksmith. If you already have a copy of Unfollowing You, remember that books make great gifts! If you’ve already gifted Unfollowing You to all of your friends, it’s ok to buy a different book from Booksmith instead — in that case, please write events AT booksmith DOT com.
– Signing, photo, and Q&A details to come.