WEEK IN PREVIEW: more than two generations
Featured Event: Thursday, July 7th Epicenter w/Interdisciplinary Writers Lab
Through the Interdisciplinary Writers Lab, a group of emerging writers from the Bay Area have been conducting literary experiments under the guidance of established artists—crossbreeding genres and dabbling in new forms. This Thursday they reveal their results and celebrate the launch of Chicken Skin and Impossible Trees, the 2011 online anthology. Featured readers include: Indira Allegra, Maria Allocco, Erika Cespedes-Kent, Elwin Cotman, Sarah Dailey, Will Gutierrez, Lisa Hsia, Nayomi Munaweera, Jen Palmares Meadows, Ronald Ragin and Jenny Strauss.
Also This Week:
- The folks at Quiet Lightning give you another reason to watch the skies on Monday, July 4th. Celebrate your independence at the litnic in Washington Square Park at 3pm, followed by a reading at new venue, The Emerald Tablet, and some explosions in the sky.
- On Wednesday, July 6th, get high as a kite with Suzanne Forbes, Austin Staunch, Matthew Brauer, Carolyn Doyle, Amy Benson, and Phil Ohst at Fireside Storytelling.
- Join Jack Hirshman at Reader’s Cafe at Fort Mason on Thursday, July, 7th for this week’s installment of Thursdays at Readers. This week’s features are Miguel Robles (watch this) and Carole Denney.
- On Friday, July 8, if you’re in Oakland, this will probably be cool. At least, it was recommended by this guy.
- On Saturday, July 9th join science fiction writer John Shirley and horror author Mira Grant for SF in SF. Or, have a drink with Charles Yu, Jesse Ball, Lynn Peril, Anna North, Bill Brent at Writers With Drinks.
- On Sunday, July 10th check out Litquake‘s second event of the week, The New Literary Vanguard, where they delve into the minds of today’s cutting edge fiction with the new generation of American male novelists: Jesse Ball, Adam Levin, and Charles Yu (you should read more here). Or if you’re feeling mellow and want to read some poetry check out The Book Club Reading Series at Dog Eared Books. Or, if you feel like Naked Girls Reading you will probably LOVE Naked Girls EATING.
Hope to see you tomorrow!