[youtube_video width=399 height=233]Being Human[/youtube_video]
[ Sun Oct 8 11 ]
Part of Litquake, author of The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive Brian Christian spoke with Wired editor Thomas Goetz, author of The Decision Tree at the Delancey Street Screening Room.
Above is the complete program, broken into segments. Click “Play” to watch all, “Next” to skip forward, or the small “Insert” screen (to the right of the video time) to see author thumbnails and watch them directly. The first video includes the full conversation, and subsequent videos contain Christian’s answers to audience questions, in this order:
- Brian Christian in conversation with Thomas Goetz
- What can’t artificial intelligence imitate?
- On Ray Kurzweil and the soul
- Can machines think?
- On Turing Tests (a test of a machine’s ability to exhibit intelligent behavior)
- Can all interactions be automated?
- Philosophy in The Most Human Human
- Will cleverbots replace human interaction?